Saturday, April 22, 2006

A daughter is a gift of love

This is one of the layouts that I have been working on this morning. I started out just rummaging through some old photos I have in a shoe box trying to get some inspiration going and this is what I ended up with. Greg and Alana at this time of the year about 4 years ago.

I haven't shared this layout with anyone. I have become so critical of my own work that I am actually afraid to post it at DSP. I guess everyone has their good days and their bad days but it seems that when I enter a contest or challenge, my work stinks (well, at least I think it does). The only time I feel like I truely do anything worth sharing is when I just sit down and do it for no reason at all except self satisfaction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the contest and stuff at DSP, I feel that way alot of times I enter and enter and enter and although I love what I do and I think it looks good (whether pics or layouts) it's just never good enough to even make it into the running for voting...*sigh* But I just keep reminding myself of something I tell the newbies. If your happy with what you did (or the pics you take) and you like it, then that should be the important thing. Friends and family offline "LOVE" my work and that definately gives me an ego boost :) We all need them from time to time.

(from wolfsub)